Corporate Social Responsibility
At SMAL, we feel great responsibility towards the development and betterment of the social and economic conditions of the communities within our vicinity. We are aware that our presence has profound impact on many lives around us in one way or the other. We collaborate very closely with the communities particularly in aspects which can bring about a fundamental change in their living standards.
Education, clean water, and sanitation are the three areas where the basic infrastructure is non-existent, and we have committed ourselves to fill this gap. We have adopted numerous primary schools, middle schools and high schools in villages close to our factory, and have provided them basic infrastructures such as classrooms, books, stationary and clean drinking water. We work passionately to provide sanitation facilities for villages to improve the hygiene conditions. Apart from this we regularly conduct free medical check-ups from time to time in neighbouring villages. These activities and projects also provide our employees and their families a chance to be the part of change that we want to see in our surrounding.
Activities done by SMAL to bring a sustainable change in the society are as follows:
- Health – Polyclinic: A general physician attends the local clinic on alternative days. Doctor consultation and medicine provided for free to villagers.
- Health - Mega medical camps: Mega Medical Camp is arranged every 6 months. Specialists like Orthopaedics, Ophthalmologists, gynaecologists, pediatricians and dentists routinely attend this camp.
- Drinking water – RO plant: SMAL set up 2 RO water treatment plants (of 1000 Litre capacity each) in Katakapalli & Kantakapalli Panchayat.
- Drinking water – Borewell: Sarda Metals and Alloys Ltd. provided borewells at 4 villages in kothavalasa.
- Drinking water & Yoga class at ZPH school: SMAL has provided water supply to school children from its RO Plant. Weekly yoga classes are conducted in ZPH School, Kothuru which is attended by around 180 students.
- COVID Pandemic – Initiatives: Sanitisation was done in 11 villages with hypo and bleaching powder on alternate days. Kits containing food grains, nose masks and soaps were provided to villagers during Lockdown.
- SKILL Development – Computer Center: A 4-month course has been instituted to provide computer skills to make local villagers industry ready, employable, self-dependant. This has enabled them to earn their own livelihood.
- SKILL Development – Tailoring Center: A tailoring centre with a trainer and sewing machines is set up at Kantakapalli village to impart training to women of the villages. Each batch consists of eight students and each training lasts for 4 months.
- Education: SMAL has constructed and handed over 4 classrooms at ZPH School, Kothuru village, where the students were earlier attending classes under the sky without any roof.
- Clean & Green India: SMAL has been working to create awareness about health and cleanliness, and to inculcate the habit of hygienic living amongst nearby villagers. The company has undertaken many drives to educate and sensitise villagers and students to the importance of hygiene. The company routinely provides saplings to villagers and school students for plantation.
- Flood Relief Assistance:Recent Floods in Godavari Districts caused huge damage to the villages. SMAL took the initiative to help the flood affected villages by sending 12000 biscuit packets to District Administration for free distribution.
- Tree plantation at kantakapalli:Sarda Metals & Alloys Ltd. done the avenue plantation both side of the road from Kantakapalli junction to Chinnaraopalli bridge to protect environment. Company planted 400 plants along with tree guards. Those trees till growing time will be taking care by Company only.